Disability Pride Festival!
On Saturday July 27, 2013, we will come together at Madison’s first Disability Pride Festival to share our talents, skills, arts, energy, and pride in being who we are. Disability Pride Madison builds on a long tradition of disability pride celebrations around the world. Our theme for this year is “Forward to possibility.”
When: Saturday July 27 from 12pm to 5pm
Where: Brittingham Park
401 South Brittingham Place in Madison
Headliner: Renowned poet and performer Jim Ferris!
Emceed by: Tara Ayres
- Ricardo Vasquez (Beautiful Music, Beautiful Mind)
- Eileen Rosensteel (The Amazing Fat Lady Show!)
- The Sweetness of Gone (Transformational Folk Trio)
- Tani Diakite and the Afrofunkstars (Malian Blues-Funk Band)
- J. Ware (poet and activist)
Guest speakers include:
- Congressman Mark Pocan
- Mike Mohr of the United Spinal Association
The event is accessible by public transit, wheelchair accessible, and will be ASL interpreted.